Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Wedding season is over.

I'd like to say I'm releived and ready for a break, but truth be told - I'm actually kinda sad. I know it's crazy, but I enjoy photographing weddings every Saturday. I love being a part of a couple's most important day, meeting their friends and family and most of all capturing those exciting moments when two people join together to become a family. There is someting magical about the wedding day, especially that moment when the bride walks down the aisle and the groom looks at her for the first time in her wedding gown. No matter how many weddings I photograph, that moment always gives me goosebumps. It's my favorite moment of the wedding day. While everyone stands and looks at the bride in the back of the church, I always turn the other way and catch a peek of the groom's expression as he looks at the love of his life getting ready to become his wife. I always capture that image, because nobody is ever looking at the groom at that moment - all eyes are on the bride. But the look on the groom's face is as touching to me as the bride in all her glory.

Sigh. I'm going to miss that. So far my next wedding is not until next Spring. For the past 25 Saturdays I've been photographing weddings. Now what am I going to do on the weekend? I'm sure I'll find something, but whatever I do I will be looking forward to the Spring and the start of wedding season again.

No comments: