Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Cabbage & Noodles


My friends in Pennsylvania are familiar with this combination, but I'm betting most of my friends in the south have never considered such a dish.  I never did until I moved up here.  I believe the first time I had  Haluska was at a wedding.  It's a Hungarian dish which seems to be very popular in this area.  I decided to make a healthier version last night, and it turned out pretty good.  It's super easy and takes only a few ingredients. 

Cabbage & Noodles

2Tbsp. olive oil
1 head of Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
1 bunch of green onions, chopped
two large handfuls of old-fashioned noodles
2 cloves of garlic, minced
salt & pepper

Cook noodles according to package directions, meanwhile heat oil in a deep skillet, add cabbage and cook until soft.  Add onions and garlic, cook one minute more.  Add noodles and season with salt & pepper.  I like lots of fresh ground black pepper in this dish.  

I served it hot last night and ate cold leftovers today.  It's actually pretty good cold!  



No comments: