Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Book Review: Animal, Vegetable, Miracle


I just finished reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle for book club and I loved it.  The book chronicles a year in the lives of a family as they choose to become locavores (eating only food that is grown locally).  The book made me angry as it revealed information about the food industry in America.  I was inspired to make changes in my own life as a result.  I will definitely strive to eat more local food and food that is in season as much as possible.  Since I already garden, can, freeze, dehydrate, etc. this will not be a huge change for me.  But when I do go to the grocery store from now on, I will be much more careful about the choices I make.

My favorite chapter in the book was the one about turkey sex.  It's not often I laugh out loud while reading, but I was in stitches when I read this!

If you are in a book club and are looking for a book that can inspire lots of conversation and thought, I highly recommend Animal, Vegetable, Miracle.

No comments: